Saturday, July 24, 2021

Bebop's Scratch 'n Sniff Museum

 As Paul and Elena have led me to so many interesting new smells in the Bebopabago, my only frustration is not knowing who left each smell. Bobcats and coyotes I know; I've seen them. But I keep encountering all these new calling cards by the roads and trails, and it makes me crazy not to know what they are. Paul said we saw a "deer," but I don't know which smell belongs to the deer. It's keeping me up at night. 

I heard the hoomans talking about going to a museum to learn about rocks (what a waste of energy -- you can't chew them or chase them) and the people who lived around here so long ago there's no smell of them left at all. Snooze! But a museum of smells: now there's a good idea. 

My soon-to-be-world-famous Bebop's Scratch 'n Sniff Museum will have life-size pictures of all the critters who leave interesting smells, and in front will be a placard you can paw or scratch to release the odor of the animal and both its calling cards, solid and liquid. Maybe paw and hoof print reproductions, too. You know, all the things a dog needs to know about the world. 

First I have to convince Mom and Dad to invest in my idea, and I'm not sure how to approach a marketing plan that would reach dogs directly. We may be forced to go through their hoomans, slow-witted and nose-blind as they are. But I think this is a great idea. I'll just stare at them until they agree, the same way I get cookie treats and plate lickin's.

(Not a trip photo, but this is my best persuasive technique.)

Till next time --

Bebop

0 comments:

Post a Comment