Sunday, August 8, 2021

A New Career?



 Last night, we stayed at a boondocking site in the high desert, and we were so isolated that Dad and Mom let me free-range. Whee! No more being tied with a string to their slow two-legged speeds.

I sniffed around the rabbitbrush (no rabbits, alas) and stuck my nose down numerous critter holes. All I turned up were a few tiny chipmunks. But it got me thinking: maybe I've spent too many years as a stay-at-home dog. I could be a wily coyote! I could be a pocket-sized wolf, ranging across the prairie, drinking from puddles and chewing sticks across the wild west.

Or I could follow my other secret dream, which is to be a wood sculptor. I could chew branches, twigs and roots into shapes that other dogs from miles around would come to admire. Fresh-chewed toothpicks! Abstract figures! Come for the novelty, stay to admire the workmanship!


Right now, of course, being at the mercy of the hoomans, I'm back on my princess seat in the Bebopabago, riding off to whatever destination they picked next. Stay tuned for news of my new career, once I decide for sure and begin to hire staff. (First, I'll need a better social media manager, that's for sure.) 

Woof! 

- Bebop



0 comments:

Post a Comment