Saturday, February 12, 2022

Bebop - Back in the Bebopabago

I got worried this week when my hoomans started gathering their stuff. They went to Florida without me last month, and I don't care for that - even if I get to stay with the best neighbor in the world. I followed dad out on every trip to the van and jumped in to secure my spot. I was happy when they carried my bowls and stuff out to the van. We are off on a long trip all the way to Death Valley. The name doesn't seem like very good marketing, but dad said that's why we are going in winter.

Our first day was a lot of driving down to a little town called Sonora, TX. On our way dad stopped in Lipan, TX to top off the propane tank. It was showing about 3/4 full, but propane (and propane accessories via Hank Hill) would be scarce in many of our stops the first week. The lady who helped us was a very nice hooman. The tank didn't quite take a gallon, and she said there would be no charge. Dogs can judge people, and I liked her.

We made it to Sonora for an overnight rest stop. We stopped at a place called Stadium Park. It was a trailer/RV park next to the local HS stadium. A very nice man named Mike got us set up in a spot. He even had a friendly cat. After we left Sonora, we stopped at a crossing of Devils River. It's a wild and scenic river in a very empty part of the state. It was pretty.

Devils River

Today we are in Seminole Canyon State Park. State Parks let me hike the trails, so I like them. Dad said this park had hooman habitation over 10,000 years ago. They left many large drawings on the walls of the rock shelters along the canyon. One pictograph was a mountain lion, and the drawing was over 10 feet long. I hope that wasn't actual scale! 

Mountain Lion (also named as a Panther) wall art - 10 feet across
We hiked to the Rio Grande. I could see Mexico. It looks the same as the US - you hoomans are all the same species, so I don't understand why you try to divide into subgroups. There weren't many hoomans on the trail, but I was awe-inspiring. Every time we passed someone they would look and me and say "Awww . . how cute."

Scenes along Seminole Canyon

Bebop leads the way to the Rio Grande.
In the morning, mom and dad go on a ranger guided tour of a large set of pictographs. Dogs aren't allowed on that tour, so I will take a nap. Our Rio Grande hike was 8 miles round trip, so I am tired. 

We burned some calories today
Next, we'll be on our way to Big Bend National Park for four nights.

-Bebop

0 comments:

Post a Comment