Saturday, February 19, 2022

Bebop - Back on the Trails Again and Blogging

Now that we are out of the National Park, I can hike the trails again and be the leader of my hoomans. At Big Bend Ranch State Park, I visited a rest area Teepee, had a drank from the Rio Grande, and stood on a sand dune.

Teepee rest stop, sand dune, and drinking from the Rio Grande
We hiked a trail called Closed Canyon in Big Bend Ranch State Park. It wasn’t closed to hoomans or dogs - we just walked right in. The canyon was deep and narrow with a sandy / gravel bottom. Dad let me run around without my leash once we got in the canyon, which was fun. Every so often we would come across an area where the water had carved the rock down, and we would have to climb down. We always made sure we thought we could climb back up on our return. They were all easy for me, but my hoomans had to work a bit on a few of them. It was very pretty. Mom petted some rocks. Finally, we got to an area that had a steep drop-off. There was a sign that said the trail was closed beyond that point. Hence, the name, I guess. We were almost back out of the canyon before we saw a couple of other people coming in.

Follow me in,    Are you coming?    Pick up the pace,    Do you need help up?
Here’s a photo of my hoomans in the canyon with me, and me leading in one of the wider sections.
Waiting on my hoomans to finish taking a photo

I'll lead the way
 Then we saw some hoodoos and a balanced rock. Once again, I took the opportunity to stand in the Rio Grande and have a drink of water.
We drove for a while to a town called Fort Davis and camped in the Davis Mountains State Park. My hoomans went to a Star Party, but dogs weren’t allowed, so they’ll have to tell you about it. I slept in the van, which was comfortable despite temperatures outside in the upper 30s. They came back and joined me before 10pm. Then we all went to sleep on a cold night in our warm Bebopabago camper van (https://enerjazz.com/travato/).

- Bebop

0 comments:

Post a Comment