Sunday, October 1, 2023

Fall Trip Plan

We're off on another adventure in October. The primary destination of this trip is a return to what I consider the most beautiful place in the world - Havasu Falls. If you aren’t familiar with it, it’s the canyon home of the Havasupai Tribe. There are no roads there, so it’s not been spoiled by development. To get there, you have to drive 60 miles off Route 66, then hike another 8 miles down a canyon to their village and Havasu Creek. The falls start a couple of miles beyond that.

Havasupai means “people of the blue green water,” and when you see their canyon, you understand why. I was there in 2018 and wanted to go back. I got my return permit several years ago, but then COVID shut down all visits, and they stayed closed until this year. My permit kept rolling over, and I finally get to return. Here's a photo from Fifty-foot falls on Havasu Creek from when I was there in 2018.
Fifty-foot falls on Havasu Creek
We built our trip around that primary destination. We also plan to visit Caprock Canyons State Park on the way out. Then, we have three nights on the launch grounds of the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. We'll then spend three nights at the south rim of the Grand Canyon, and we'll visit Prescott and Sedona after Havasu. 
Fall 2023 Trip Plan
Looking forward to another fun trip.
- Paul




0 comments:

Post a Comment