Monday, March 7, 2022

Bebop's Hiking Tails - Valley of Fire

I finally got to hike on some trails again. We drove to Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada. On our way, we had to stop for gas in a small town. The gas station was called Area 51 Alien Travel Center & Brothel. We just filled up with gas and moved on. The vehicle line to get into the park was long. It was a nice Sunday and many local people came here. Luckily we found an available campsite, and it was scenic.

Our campsite at Valley of Fire State Park
We went out for a big hike on the Fire Wave, White Domes, and Seven Wonders Loop. That’s a lot of words, but it was 3.5 miles with about 500 feet of elevation gain. The rocks had many colors, including a lot of pastel colors I haven’t seen before. Of course, I’m a dog, so I don’t know much about colors, but my hoomans were talking about it.
Valley of Fire pastel colors

Valley of Fire hiking
There were several slot canyons and I liked running through those. Sometimes I had to look back to make sure my hoomans were keeping up. One time, at a really tall slot canyon, I asked dad if it was OK to enter. He looked happy when we came out the other end successfully.

Valley of Fire slot canyons
We saw something called the Fire Wave - it’s like a smaller version of The Wave that my dad hiked a few years ago.

Valley of Fire - Fire Wave
I met a few dogs and some nice people. One man really liked me and wanted to adopt me, but I like my current hoomans just fine. I heard him say he admired my stride as I walked away. There was one big dog who was posing for photos with her owner. When I went up to her to say hello, she growled and snapped at me. Those models can be a bit cranky during their photo shoots. I’m always happy - photos or not.

It was a very pretty first day of hiking and the temperature was a pleasant 60ºF. We’re here for another full day, too - more hiking tails to come.

- Bebop


0 comments:

Post a Comment