Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Bebop's Travel Tails - A Rest Day

Dad said today would be a slow day, or rest day. It seemed like a normal dog day to me. We left our overnight boondocking site and only drove about 80 miles. We had to buy some gas for the Bebopabago and dad seemed excited to find some for $4.39/gallon. He likes to point out that we have saved over $21,000 driving Prius cars since 2004, so a little extra gas money for the camper van gas is no big deal. He even made a chart.

We've saved a lot of gas and money by driving efficient cars for many years
We then took the Bebopabago to a car wash and I stayed inside while dad sprayed the high pressure water at me. I didn't get wet at all thanks to the windows. Then, for only the third time in 4 weeks, my hoomans ate at a restaurant for lunch instead of cooking in the van. I took a nap. 

We checked in at Havasu Lake State Park and our campsite backed up to the beach and water. We went for a long walk along the beach trail. Dogs weren't allowed on the beach (even though we are not as messy as many hoomans), so I went for a swim at the boat launch ramp. The water felt great.

View out the rear door - our bathroom with a view!

Our own private beach on Lake Havasu

I went for a dip and got a drink in Lake Havasu
While we were walking, something hurt my back paw. Dad thought it was a sticker from the grass, but I think a bug bit me. They couldn't find any sticker. I kept limping and stopping to lick my paw. I was scared and hurt, but my hoomans got me back to the van and rinsed it off. They even gave me a treat. Another nap cured it.

Dad went for a bike ride around the campground. Mom played in the water. I took a nap. Later, we walked over to a little hill, then a pretty cactus garden near sunset. I have met many cactus plants on this trip, and they are very standoffish. They do not seem to want you near them, so I have kept a safe distance - except when the rabbits dash into them, then I temporarily lose my concerns.

Sunset over Lake Havasu

See the Bebopabago?

- Bebop

0 comments:

Post a Comment